Monday, March 29, 2010

Do You Use JSTOR? Tell Me About It, Please


If you use JSTOR for your research, and have particular likes and/or dislikes about the current version of the database, please let me know what they are. As you can see from this blog post at my other blog, for Library Journal, I have some issues with it, and their Associate Director for
Education & Outreach has invited me to talk with her and one of their product managers about the database. I would like to gather information from scholarly researchers on what works well for you, and what might not work so well, so I can share it with the JSTOR folks.

You can simply comment to this blog, or to my e-Views blog, or send me e-mail directly (at: claguard@fas.harvard.edu) if you have any information you'd like to share.

Thanks for your help, and I continue to be --
At your service,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Appreciate your interest in how JSTOR is used. A more basic point is the limits in who may access it. JSTOR needs to join the 21st century, and introduce a way that everyone can access the vast storehouse of human knowledge it now locks behind its institutional lockdown. Much of this research was done by profs at institutions funded in part (or more) by tax dollars. It is scandalous that these benefits of our social web are cordoned off, when alternative systems -- micropayments, e.g. - would keep JSTOR going while opening its doors to all.

    ReplyDelete